Green Chicken Enchiladas
Serves: 4 servings of 2 enchiladas
- 8 ounce, Shredded Chicken Breast
- 0.50 cup, Weight Watchers Mexican Shredded Cheese
- 8 Tortillas, White Corn Tortilla
- 8 tbs, Green Mexican Salsa
- Spray baking glass pan and place 8 enchiladas.
- Add 1 ounce of chicken in each tortilla, roll and then top each with a tablespoon of green salsa.
- Add cheese over all 8 enchiladas. Bake for 10-15mins.
For Shredded Chicken
Gently simmering boneless chicken thighs in a flavorful cooking broth, helps them become tender and very moist. We go the extra step to make sure the chicken is as juicy and flavorful as possible. Once the chicken is cooked, we simmer the cooking liquid down by one-third, and then spoon the concentrated broth over the chicken.
- 3 pounds boneless chicken thighs (or combination of thighs and breast)
- 1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and lightly crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine chicken, onion, garlic, bay leaf, salt, cumin and pepper in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Add just enough water to cover the chicken.
- Turn heat to high, bring to a boil then remove any foam or scum that floats to the top.
- Adjust the heat so that the water simmers very gently around the chicken.
- Cook until chicken is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to a cutting board. Once it is cool enough to handle, use two forks or your fingers to shred the meat.
You will have plenty of chicken left for upcoming days. Feel free to get creative with it or use as your protein source for your meal prep.
Total Fat 7 g
Sodium 412 mg
Total Carbohydrate 26 g
Sugars 3 g
Protein 18 g